The Department of Pulmonary Medicine at ILBS offers comprehensive consultation, diagnostic evaluation and clinical management for a full spectrum of respiratory, pulmonary circulation and sleep disorders. The latest technology is used to provide state-of-the-art care in both the outpatient and hospital settings, including the intensive care units. The pulmonary services offered at ILBS are integrated to provide the best care available to patients with pulmonary disease while advancing the science of pulmonary and critical care medicine for the patients suffering from various liver disorders.
The outpatient services of Pulmonary Medicine are available on all working days between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. The services are available to all patients without or with liver disease. We provide state of the art clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment to patients with common health problems such as:
- Emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Acute and chronic pulmonary emboli
- Lung Cancer
- Sarcoidosis and other granulomatous lung diseases
- Pulmonary vascular diseases(Pulmonary artery hypertension)
- Fungal infections of the lung
- Sleep apnea, insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Outdoor and indoor consultations
- Pulmonary Function Testing (Spirometry)
- Flexible fibre optic bronchoscopy /Videobronchoscopy
- Polysomnography (sleep study for sleep related disorders: sleep apnoea, insomnia etc.)
- Medical thoracoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic: for pleural diseases) and thoracoscopic pleurodesis for intractable pleural effusions.
- Respiratory critical Care.