Anaesthesia & Critical Care
Department of Anaesthesia at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences provides perioperative anaesthesia care for surgical and interventional procedures in the setting of operation theatres as well as in day care endoscopy and radiological procedures. The department is also actively involved in postoperative care of high risk surgical patients admitted to surgical and transplant intensive care units and also provides round the clock acute pain services for management of postoperative pain for patients discharged to surgical wards after their surgery.
Besides providing the the clinical services, the department of is also actively engaged in teaching and research activities. It has an active teaching program under which students are admitted to MCI recognised post-doctoral courses including DM and PDCC in transplant anaesthesia and critical care. The Department takes pride in its alumni who are all well placed and have been occupying positions of repute all over the world. The department since last 5 years have been successfully conducting a one day symposium for clinicians involved in conduct of anaesthesia and perioperative critical care for solid organ transplant recipients by the name of TRANCRIT which has become a much awaited event of the speciality. The Critical care division along with the hepatology department conducted the 1st National conference on Critical Care and Infection in Liver diseases which was a 3 day event with 6 parallel per conference workshops. The conference was a huge success including nursing college which had an overwhelming response for their Critical care workshop.
The Liver coma ICU and HDU was shifted to the new constructed Phase 2 of ILBS and made fully functional. The number of ICU beds now stands at 28 including four isolation rooms, while the number of HDU beds is now 16, including 2 isolation rooms. The ICU has acquired state of the art ventilators, non invasive cardiac monitoring devices and other equipments as per guidelines to provide the best patient care. Separate counselling room has been made so ensure privacy and facilitate video-conferencing.
|GI and Urology Surgeries besides Transplant||1216||916|
|Radiology Suite Procedures||1148||915|
|Liver Coma ICU||1077||899|
|Liver Transplant ICU||174||191|
- 6th Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care Symposium, TRANCRIT 2017,Date: 12th May 2017 1st National conference on Critical Care and Infection in Liver diseases, Date 24-26th January 2017.
- 1st National conference on Critical Care and Infection in Liver diseases Date 24-26th January 2017.
|Name of the course||Candidates
DM in Organ Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care
Dr Neha Tandon
Dr. Kelika Prakash
PDCC Liver transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Car PDCC Critical Care (Liver ICU)
Dr Sumit Gupta
Dr Atchaya Arun Kumar
Dr Udit Dhingra
Dr Harshita Om Prakash Singh
Dr Tanvi Meshram
Dr Geeta Rajput
Dr Vibha Goel
Dr Sudhir Kumar Bisherwal
Dr Shilpa Tiwari
Dr Shailesh Kumar Sahu
|Dr. Ankur Sharma,Dr Md. Qurram Parvez|
- The department successfully conducted 6th Edition of TRANCRIT 2017.
- Candidates enrolled in the DM Organ Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care have successfully completed the course.
- The students who have successfully completed the academic programs from the Department of Anaesthesia have been successfully recruited to various centers of repute both nationally and internationally.
Visiting faculty – Year 2017
- Dr Suman Lata, JIPMER Puducherry
- Dr Kunal Singh,IGIMS, Patna
- Dr. Nidhi Arun,IGIMS, Patna
- Dr Shashank Dhiraj,IGIMS, Patna
- Dr Mahesh Kumar Arora, Professor
- Dr. Lalita Gouri Mitra, Associate Professor
- Dr. Manish Tandon, Associate Professor
- Dr. Prashant Mohan Agarwal, Associate Professor
- Dr. Vandana Saluja, Associate Professor
- Dr Neha Garg, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Gaurav, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Kelika Prakash, Assistant Professor