The Hematology and Clinical Pathology Laboratory of ILBS is a holistic unit which caters to patient care, laboratory services and clinical research. It represents a unique amalgamation of laboratory and consultative hematology dedicated to clinical as well as diagnostic aspects of patient well being. The NABL accreditated lab is well equipped with advanced automated technology for carrying out hematological investigations besides providing consultative services in the diagnosis of hematological diseases and disorders.
The laboratory has high-ended fully automated cell counters like Beckman Coulter LH-750, Beckman Coulter HMX and Horiba ABX Pentra Dx-120.
Hemolytic anemia and hemoglobinopathy diagnosis
The lab also provides a complete range of hemolytic bench tests and is equipped with the latest Bio-Rad Variant II testing system for hemoglobinopathy and thalassemia diagnosis.
The Coagulation lab which is the hub of activity in liver disease uses global coagulation assay (Sonoclot and platelet function analyser) besides fully automated (SysmexCA1500 and Diagnostica Stago) coagulometers for coagulation testing.
The lab is actively engaged in research work pertaining to diagnosis and management of hepatic coagulopathies.
BM aspirate, biopsy, histochemistry and IHCs Platelet testing:Platelet count, platelet function assessment by Sonoclot and anti-platelet antibody screening by ELISA.
Body fluuid total and differential counts analysis, bence jones proteins, urine analysis for reducing sugars, urine routine and microscopic testing.
|Name of the Investigation||2015||2016|
|Complete blood counts||48883||53860|
|TLC and DLC||1875||1237|
|Peripheral smear examination||1197||723|
|G6PD deficiency test||296||414|
|Bone marrow evaluation|
|Bone marrow aspiration procedure and reporting||293||265|
|Bone marrow biopsy procedure and reporting||271||245|
|Regenerative therapy evaluation||55||55|
|Coagulation lab services|
|Activated partial thromboplastin time||3,365||3430|
|von Willebrand Antigen||03||03|
|Fibrin degradation products||115||67|
|Factor VIII assay||136||138|
|Urine routine and microscopy||9,831||10817|
|Urine for reducing substance||200||148|
|Urine for ketones||213||162|
|Urine for Bence Jones protein||39||36|
New Services and Facilities
- ELISA based factors assessment of components of coagulation pathway.
- Department is in the process of getting cryoequipments
- Department provided short term observership in BM pathology
- In the process of installing a fully automated coagulation analyzer with platelet function analyzer
- Eosinophilic VCS parameters, namely, MEV (Mean eosinophil volume) and MEV-SD (eosinophil size variability) in patients suspected of drug induced liver injury (DILI). Patients with DILI have increased levels of MEV and MEV-SD compared to other patients.
- Department of hematology and clinical pathology is committed to deliver excellent quality services as per NABL and NABH standards.
- Department provided observer ship and short term training in hematology
- Department provided support and services to various research projects
- Dr. Anupama Patil and Ms. Deepika presented their work on “Sonoclot Signature Analysis Predicts Coagulopathy in Chronic Liver Disease” and “Alteration of Megakaryocytic stem cells niche in Cirrhosis” in Haematocon 2016, held in Jaipur from 10th – 13th November, 2016.
- Department prepared and designed SOPs for cryopreservation