Renal Transplant And Urology
The Dept of Renal Transplant and Urology was established in June 2012. In a span of 10.5 years, it has developed into a state of the art urological centre offering renal transplant, laparoscopy, urology cancer treatment and endourology services. With the joining of new faculty members, the department has been further strengthened and is now aiming to cater to the increased volume of patients. Providing the full spectrum of urological care with expertise using the latest cutting edge technology at an affordable cost and with short waiting times are the hallmarks of the department.
The department contains all the latest equipment viz ESWL machine, 100 watt holmium laser, Flex x 2 flexible Ureteroscope, Semirigid Ureteroscopes, Olympus bipolar generator and Urodynamic Laboratory, 3-D Laproscopy system.
Scope of Work
Kidney Transplantation is most effective treatment option for ESRD. It has become the most successful and widespread organ transplantation performed today. The Department of Kidney Transplant Surgery is dedicated to provide comprehensive perioperative care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Our team consists of Nephrologists, Kidney Transplant Surgeons and specialized supporting staffs whose purpose are effective preTransplant evaluation, Transplant Surgery and post-Transplant follow up. Since the first kidney transplant was performed ILBS in 2012 kidney transplanted had regularly been done in the Department with results of patient's survival and graft function comparable to the best in the world.
In the department of kidney transplant patients of ESRD have access to a range of comprehensive services including:
- Living Donor Nephrectomy:
- As per Transplantation of Human Organs Act 1994 - We accept living related donors only and those unrelated living donors that have authorization committee approval. We offer both open and Laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy.
- Cadaveric Donor Nephrectomy:
- We are geared to perform both harvesting and transplantation of cadaveric kidneys and have conducted such operations as and when cadaver kidneys become available.
- Recipient Transplant Surgery for ABO compatible as well as ABO incompatible patients
- It’ s recognised Department as a centre of excellence for Kidney Transplantation.
- We have probably the largest experience in creating A V Fistula, Radio Cephalic AV Fistula , Brachio cephalic AV Fistula , Transposition of Basilic Vein.
- Conducted in state of the art, purpose build, dedicated operation theaters.
Follow up care:
- Post transplant care is conducted jointly by Nephrologist and transplant team with patient being managed in a purpose build state of art Kidney Transplant Unit.
- A full service Dialysis center:
- We are offering:
- Haemodialysis at a 25 bedded dedicated Haemodialysis center.
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) -
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
- Dialysis access:
- Permacath for Haemodialysis in India.
Cancer Prostate: Lap Radical Prostatectomy, Open Radical Prostatectomy
Ureteric Tumour: Lap. Radical Nephroureterectomy with bladder cuff excision.
Cancer Bladder:, TURBT , Lap Radical Cystoprostatectomy, Radical Cystectomy with Ileal conduit and Orthotopic Ileal Neobladder,
Kidney Tumours: Lap Radical Nephrectomy for Kidney Tumours
Lap Partial Nephrectomy for Small Kidney tumours
Cancer Penis :Radical Penectomy with Ilio-inguinal Block Dissection,
Testis Tumour : High Inguinal Orchidectomy and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection (RPLND)
Adrenal Tumours : Lap. Adrenalectomy
- Vaginal Vault Prolapse: Laproscopic Sacrocolpopexy,
- Sling Surgeries for Female Stress Incontinence – TVTO/TOT ,
- Vesicovaginal Fistula Repair.
- RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERIES : Urethroplasties, Ureteric Reimplantations.
- Penile Surgeries: 3 piece Penile Implant for Erectile Dysfunction, Penile Venous Leak Surgery, Pyeronies Disease surgery.
Laproscopic Surgeries :
- Lap Ureterolithotomy for Ureteric Stones
- Pyeloplasty for Pelviureteric Junction Obstruction
- Lap Orchidopexy for Undescended Testis
- Lap. Uretreolysis for Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
- Lap Simple Nephrectomy for Non Functioning Kidneys.
- Lap Radical Nephroureterectomy for Ureter Tumours.
- Male Urinary Incontinence Surgery: Artificial Urinary Sphinter
- Laser Surgeries: Holmium Laser Prostate Surgery (HOLEP), Laser Stone surgeries
- ENDOSCOPIC Surgeries: Cystoscopy, TURP/HOLEP and TURBT , PCNL, URSL, RIRS
- OPEN SURGERIES : All major and minor including Open Stone Surgeries
- Andrology Male Infertility, Sexual Dysfunction
- Other Surgeries: Circumcision, Varicocelectomy, Vasectomy, Hydrocele surgery, Inguinal hernia Surgery.
- Urodynamics study
- TRUS Guided Prostate Biopsy
This year saw the completion of 180 successful kidney transplants. The new developments in the department include starting of ABO incompatible kidney transplants. This is an important boon for the patients who do not have blood group compatible donors in their families. The success of transplants across the blood group barrier in a government set-up is a ray of hope for middle class Indian families, as this procedure is very expensive in private hospitals.