Biochemistry (Metabolic Medicine & Immunopathology)
Department of clinical biochemistry at the Institute of Liver and Biliary sciences provides extensive and wide range of laboratory tests. We analyze more than half a million analytes in a year. Our routine and specialized tests services assist clinicians for diagnosis, monitoring disease course and therapeutic outcome. Specialized testing areas include Allergy & Immunology, Therapeutic drug monitoring, Cancer Biomarkers and hormones. The department is equipped with latest state of art equipments to provide faster and reliable results at an affordable price. We provide routine test services round the clock with very short TAT. We use automated systems from bar coding to bidirectional interfacing between instrument and HIS to minimize the pre analytical and transcriptional errors. Tests are performed by highly skilled technicians under the supervision of an experienced clinical biochemist. All the reports undergo thorough check for clinical correlation by clinical biochemist before they are released. To ensure the quality of the testing we have both internal and external quality control programme of international standards which reassures our lab results. Apart from patient services we also involved in clinical research and public health initiatives for prevention of liver diseases. Newtests include serumIL-6 ,serumGrowth hormone, RBC Folate, serum PIVKA II,serum Gastropanel-Gastrin -17,Pepsinogen I, Pepsinogen II,IgG H.pylori, serum Eosinophil Peroxidase, serum Eosinophil-Derived Neurotoxin, serum Eosinophil Chemotactic Factor,serum Eosinophil Cationic Protein, serum NGAL, urine NGAL, serum IL-18, urine IL-18, serum Fatty Acid Binding Protein 1, serum KIM-1, urine GGT, serum ANA profile, and serum Glutathione. Three new instruments have been added –Architect i1000sr analyser, Helia automated blot analyser and Nephlometer which has enabled us to respond to increased volumes of testing and complexity of measurements and examinations. The biochemistry department was a part of Hepatitis day camps held on July 28th and December 4th this year.Wewere also an integral part of “Healthy liver, Healthy Delhi” project of ILBSwithMylan pharmaceuticals. According to our External Quality Assurance results our lab is amongst the best in the world. The biochemistry department has benefitted from the contributions and leadership of our director.
|Name of the Investigation||2017||2018|
|Therapeutic Drug Medicine||3936||4492|
|Liver Transplant Chemistry||257||175|
|Bone Metabolism Test||2242||2607|
|Point of Care Testing||157261||156301|
|OUT SOURCED TESTS||1705||1941|
New Services and Facilities
- RBC Folate
- Serum NGAL
- Urine NGAL
- Urine IL-18
- Urine GGT
- Serum PIVKA II
- SerumANA profile
- Serum Glutathione
- Serum Growth hormone
- Serum Eosinophil Peroxidase
- Serum Eosinophil-Derived Neurotoxin
- Serum Eosinophil Chemotactic Factor
- Serum Fatty Acid Binding Protein 1
- Serum Eosinophil Cationic Protein
- SerumGastropanel-Gastrin -17,Pepsinogen I, Pepsinogen II,IgGH.pylori
- Architect i1000sr
- Helia Immunoblot analyser
Details of the Educational activities (CME/Conf/workshop) hosted by the department in 2018:
- Principal investigator in one project on PIVKA II in HCC and Co-supervisor in 10 DM/MCH /PDCC thesis /projects of the departments of the Hepatology ,Hepatobiliary Surgery , Transplant Anaesthesia and Nutrition .
- Coordinated for the V.Ramalingaswami pathology oration ILBS.
- Short term courses in Immunology and Clinical Automation ( 2 seats per year).
- According to our External Quality Assurance results our lab is amongst the best in the world.
- Screened around 7000 persons for liver disease in Delhi under the “Healthy Liver,Healthy Delhi”project in collaboration with the pharmaceutical company Mylan.