Prof. S. K. Kacker, Former Director, AIIMS
M.S., F. R. C. S, (LONDON), F. A. M. S,
Oto- Rhino- Laryngologist
Director & Prof. Delhi ENT Hospital & Research Centre, Jasola, New Delhi,
Former Director & Prof. AIIMS, Delhi,
Address : 6, Navjivan Vihar, New Delhi -1100017
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : 26692525, 26691525
Fax : 26692898
Prof. S. K. Kacker Brief Career Highlights
|1968||F.R.C.S.||Royal College of Surgeons, London, England|
|1963||MS (ENT)||King George's Medical College, Lucknow (U.P.)|
Field of Specialization
Otorhinolaryngology, Neuro-Ototlogy and rehabilitation of communication handicapped.
|Sep 1963 – Till Date||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Director, Professor & Head, 15th Oct 1990 to|
|1985||1985 World representative of India for Worl Congresses of ORL in Miami. Honorary Surgeon to the President of India.|
|1985 -1983||Chairman, Rehabilitation Council of India Speech and Hearing Section|
|1986||Padma Shri Award|
|1986 -1989||Developing a National Programme for Prevention of Hearing impairment. Tried a module in rural Delhi, Jawahar Lal Nehru Fellowship|
General Education Award form Manipal Karnataka
President of AOI. Expert ICMR, Medical Council of India and other
- Expert on panel of Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Examiner of various postgraduate Examination in Indian Universities and Nepal
- Expert on selection committees of Various Universities and Medical Colleges.
- Experts Medical Council of India.
- Expert on Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped.
- Expert Board of Studies-Kanpur Aligarh Universities
- Expert on Medical Board of Civil Aviation.
- Sr. Resident –KGMC, Lucknow, July 1962- June 1963
- Teaching Experience 31 Years.
- Chief Resident, KGMC Lucknow. July 1963 to September 1963.
- Assistant Professor AIIMS, New Delhi, March 1971.
- Associated Professor AIIMS, New Delhi, March 1971- October 1976.
- Professor & Head. AIIMS, New Delhi , 15th October 1976 – 14th October 1990
- Director, AIIMS, New Delhi 15th October, 1990
- Head of ENT Director of Medical Education. Batra Hospital, New Delhi, November 1995
- Senior Consultant, ENT Sitaram Bhartia Hospital.
- Director, Member Secretary, Delhi ENT Hospital & Research Centre , Jasola. New Delhi,
Continuing Medical Education Programme.
Postgraduate courses arranged more than 20 for postgraduate teacher in Otology, Neuro-Otology, Laryngology. Tympanoplasty Surgery of Internal Auditory Canal, Surgery of Facial Palsy, Myringoplasty and Ossiculoplasty, Neur-Otology, Microlaryngeal Surgery.
- Helped Nepal re-organize the MBBS teaching/ Training and assessment and plan a need based curriculum also participated in an International seminar on Medical Education for the twenty first century. Organized by B. P. Koirala Institute Dharan, Nepal.
- Assisted Libya In Undergraduate teaching and examination.
- Helped Nepal in organizing postgraduate diploma course in ORL.
- W. H. O. Consultancy to Nepal to strengthen Bir Hospital (Valley Group) Postgraduate training program.
- Assisted Afghanistan in organizing the postgraduate diploma course of two years duration in otorhinolarynogology.
- Helped in organizing course in Audiology in Otology-Centre Bangkok, Mahidol University of Thailand.
Summary of Research Work
- Research in Otology/Neuro-Otology/Base skull surgery standardization of hearing thresholds
- Experimental work on ototoxic drugs. Hearing loss in raised intracranial pressure.
- Management of Hearing loss
- Management of Some type of Sensorineural hearing loss by medicines developed.
- Transsphenoidal hypophysectomy and middle and posterior cranial fossa surgery with collaboration of neuro-surgery with collaboratin of neurosurgery department.
- Prevention of sensorineural hearing loss stabilization of hearing.
- Sechmanna Naidu Memori Guest Lecture Andhra Pradesh, 1987
- Marshal Subroto Mukherjee Oration, Banglore, 1987
- Guest Lecture ORL-Ranchi, Bihar, 1989
- Developing a National Programme for prevention of Hearing impairment 1986-89, Tried a module in rural Delhi.
- President of AOI (1987-88)
- Member, WHO Advisory Panel on Prevention of Deafness Hearing Impairment.
- Expert ICMR, Medical Council of India and other bodies and expert.
- Examiner of several universities, Institutions for postgraduates, undergraduates and organizer of conferences.
- Hostel Superitendent 1985-89
- Expert on Vocational rehabilitation centers for handicapped.
- Honorary surgeon to the president of India.
- Member Consultative Committee of Aids and appliances for the handicapped
- Member, Executive Council Ali Yawar Jung Institute, Bomby
- Om Prakash Bhasin Award (1992)
- Member Governing Body, National Institute of immunology, New Delhi , (1990)
- Editorial Secretary, Indian Journal of Otolaryngology (1972-1973).
- Chairman Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Otolaryngology (1977-1978)
- Editorial Advisory Panel Overseas Editor (India), British Journal of Audiology (Founded by the Royal National Institute for Deaf in 1967) U. K.
- Chairman and Hony. Secretary Advisory Committee on Core Books in Medicine NBT 1990
- Organizing Secretary, 23rd Annual Conferences of AOI, 1974
- Organizing Secretary NES-1978 National Conference.
- Secretary, International NES (1980) Conference.
- State Of Art Symposium Microsurgery of the Temporal Bone, October, 1981 for Silber Jubilee of AIIMS.
- Organizing Secretary-Impact-International International Initiative against Preventiable Disability, 1983. Need based Medical Education (1991)
- Organizing Secretary, Annual Conferences of AOI, 1985.
- Asia Oceania Congress, 1987 Delhi (Scientific Committee)
- Chairman Speech and Hearing ISHA Conference 1990.
- Organizing Committee (1994) VICC International Conference.
Awards, Distinctions, Prizes Etc
|At Undergraduate Level||
1st Class 1st position in all five years with following prizes from King George’s Medical College, Luknow U. P. (16 Gold Medals) 2 Silver Medals 3 book prices for 1st position certificates of honour in 9 subjects.
Mactazgart prize for best Work In clinical medicine.
|At postgraduate Level||1st Position with Gold Medal form King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, U. P. .|
|Awards after Postgraduation||
|Fellowship/ Membership National and International Academes, etc.||Elected Fellow of the Collegium Oto-rhino- Laryngology cur Amicitae Sacrum-Switzerland., Basel-174(Only Indian elected in last two decades) Highest academic body in ORL inworld.|