National Liver Disease Biobank
To build national medical research capacity, through biobank based science in India.
- To develop an independent, open accessible, advanced national biobank facility, which could provide proficient biological sample storage, cataloguing, for ready reference and retrieval, high-end analytical services through skilled manpower along with human resource training in biobanking.
- A nodal centre for translational and basic researchers to conduct thorough research, on longitudinal cohort bio-samples under one roof.
- To establish an independent National Biobank on Liver disease research, functioning testing of cryo preservation, analytical systems and implementation of quality assurance practices.
- Nationwide capacity building in Liver disease research by sharing the services, informatics and strengthening competence and capabilities of stakeholders.
- To attain partial sustenance model to deliver the excellence in biobanking services by adopting appropriate model by utilizing the world-class services and resources.
- To undertake biobank based pilot projects and to expand the biobank based need and science in India.
- Liquid Nitrogen Storage tank
- 80°C freezers
- -25°C freezer
- Next-Gen Sequencing [NGS]
- High Resolution-Mass Spectrometer
- Automated IHC, IF, ISF Stainer
- Flow Cytometer with Cell Sorter
- Surecast Gel Handcast Bundle
- Tissue Embedding Station
- CO2 Incubator
- Tissue Processor
- Gel Doc System
- Grossing Stations
- Tissue Microarrayer
- Controlled Rate Freezer
- Micro & Ultra Centrifuges
Courses & Training Offered
- Biobanking, cryostorage, analytical, pathological and molecular techniques
- Training in biobanking, storage and analytical procedure
- Lab Pathological training
- Biobank management & Cryostorage training
- Biosample Storage - 14,153
- Analytical Services - 1,444
- Biobank Information Management Systems (BIMS) software development
- Agreement and policy documents, MTA, Informed consent (English & Hindi), service requisition form & Biobank SOPs were prepared
- Resource Sharing and Analytical Services for 35 projects
- Service Agreements Signed: 12 Storage and 5 Analytical service agreements
- Joint Projects submitted in Funding agencies
- Training in IHC / Immuno-fluorescence on Automated Immunostainer by scientists from Biogenex for Technical Staffs
- Vivid Foundation, (Delhi) has awarded us “Innovation in Health” award
- Membership of international organisation ANRRC and ISBER
- Biobank certificate and diploma courses designed and approved by academic council
- International Advisory board constituted
- MOU served in 12 hospitals for collaboration
- Biobank has published 2 international paper and 4 Abstracts/Posters were accepted in international conferences
- NLDB was publicized in 4 national and 2 international conferences
- Workshops for student of Amity and Sharda University
- Symposium organised by the biobank on 22nd feb, 2019