Dr. Puja Sahai completed her MD from Maulana Azad Medical College. She has worked as a Senior Resident and Senior Research Associate at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She is the faculty-in-charge for Hospital Based Cancer Registry at ILBS. She is working actively towards establishing radiation oncology services at the institute. She is a team member for the installation and commissioning of state-of-the-art linear accelerator at ILBS. She strives to do institutional as well as multi-institutional collaborative research for innovating treatment strategies to further improve survival results and quality of life of cancer patients. She is currently a reviewer for: British Journal of Radiology, Brachytherapy, Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer etc.
2012-2015 : Senior Research Associate (Pool Officer), Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2009-2011 : Senior Resident, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2008-2009 : Senior Resident, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Total Number of publications (till date):19
Total Number of publications in 2018:Nil
List of ongoing Projects (2018): 3
• Total Number of publications in 2017: 2
• Total number of projects: 2
- Chaired a session at the International Federation of Head and Oncologic Societies (IFHNOS) and Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology (FHNO) combined meeting, New Delhi.
- Sahai P, Shukla NK, Arora S, Mohanti BK. Recurrent sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid: Outcome after post-operative reirradiation. Head Neck 2016;38(1):E16-9.
- Wierzbicka M, Bartochowska A, Strnad V, Strojan P, Mendenhall WM, Harrison LB, Rinaldo A, Sahai P, Wiegand S, Ferlito A. The role of brachytherapy in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2016;273(2):269-76.
- Sahai P, Singh G, Mondal D, Suri V, Julka PK. Solitary fibrous tumor of the sellar region treated with adjuvant radiation therapy. Asian J Neurosurg 2016;11(4):449.
- Sahai P, Baghmar S, Nath D, Arora S, Bhasker S, Gogia A, Sikka K, Kumar R, Chander S. Extrapulmonary small cell carcinoma - a case series of oropharyngeal and esophageal primary sites treated with chemo-radiotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015;16(16):7025-9.
- Sahai P, Kakkar A, Pathy S, Kumar L, Bhatla N, Chander S. Synchronous malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the uterus with transitional cell carcinoma of the ovary. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2015;41(2):319-23.
- Mohanti BK, Sahai P, Thakar A, Sikka K, Bhasker S, Sharma A, Sharma S, Bahadur S. Institutional experience of interstitial brachytherapy for head and neck cancer with a comparison of high- and low dose rate practice. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014;15(2):813-8.
- Sahai P, Mohanti BK, Raina PK, Vijay MK, Pathy S, Chander S, Sharma A. Colon cancer with metachronous presentation of Krukenberg’s tumor in an adolescent. J Gastrointest Cancer 2014;45(Suppl 1):144-7.
- Sahai P, Mohanti BK, Nath D, Bhasker S, Chander S, Bakhshi S, Singh CA. Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor of the maxilla. Case Rep Otolaryngol 2014;2014:230849.
- Gupta V, Seshadri D, Vijay MK, Sahai P, Gupta S. Dermatomyositis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma in an Indian patient. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2014;80(2):167-8.
- Sahai P, Singh K, Sharma A, Ghosh R, Nembang P, Sarkar C, Mohanti BK. Recurrent sebaceous carcinoma of the scalp in a young male treated with adjuvant radiotherapy. J Cancer Res Ther 2013;9(4):730-2.
- Sahai P, Singh K, Sharma S, Kashyap S, Mohanti BK. Basal cell carcinoma in a child with xeroderma pigmentosum: Clinical response with electron beam radiation therapy. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2013;79(4):533-5.
- Sahai P, Joshi P, Sharma DN, Haresh KP, Chandrashekhara SH, Julka PK, Safaya R, Rath GK. Malignant epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of liver. Transl Gastrointest Cancer 2012;1(3):272-6.
- Sharma DN, Rath GK, Kumar S, Bhatla N, Julka PK, Sahai P. Treatment outcome of patients with carcinoma of vulva: experience from a tertiary cancer center of India. J Cancer Res Ther 2010;6(4):503-7.