After completing his super-speciality training in Pediatric Hepatology (DM course) from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, Dr Vikrant Sood joined as Assistant Professor in the same department, the only said department in the country.
He has been working in the present department since its very inception and the entire team has been instrumental in establishing a fully functional pediatric hepatology unit which is well equipped for prompt management of infectious, metabolic and hereditary liver diseases in neonates, children and adolescent, including successful running the only public sector Pediatric liver transplant program in the country. In his limited career span, he has done and initiated research and published papers in the field of wilson’s disease, pediatric acute liver failure, portal hypertension and other core areas of pediatric hepatology.
- ESPGHAN Annual Meeting 2018 held in Geneva, Switzerland (May 2018) as oral and poster paper presenter.
- Singapore Hepatology Conference Preceptorship Programme, held in Singapore (June 2018) as oral paper presenter.
- Faculty Invitation for the 5th Annual Conference of the ISPGHAN 2018 held in Mumbai on 26th-28th October, 2018.
- Faculty talk titled ‘Non hepatotropic viral infections of the Liver’ on 17th August 2018 in the Post graduate seminar in Hepatovirology and Transplant Virology under PG Assembly- North India, held in New Delhi.
- Faculty talk on ‘Neonatal Cholestasis’ on 15th December 2018 in the 44th Annual Conference of Academy of Pediatrics, Gujarat (CRISP GIAPCON), held in Baroda, Gujarat.