Dr. Manish Chandra Choudhary obtained his PhD in Biological Sciences from Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi in 2015. Soon after PhD, he joined Department of Virology at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences as a Junior Fellow. After a 2 year stint in Department of Virology, he joined Molecular and Cellular Medicine Department as an Instructor and has continued till date. He has specialization in replicon system development, viral origin and evolution in context of outbreaks and liver fibrogenesis. He has been trained under Prof. Takaji Wakita at NIID, Japan on replicon system where he assembled HCV genotype 3a virus whole genome for the first time. He has largest repository of HCV full genome from India till date. His study has shown for the first time that HCV genotype 3a virus originated in India and later dispersed to all parts of the world especially United Kingdom. He also has deep interest in understanding the mechanism of liver fibrogenesis more so in HCV related liver fibrosis. His doctoral studies have shown the role of 7 signature miRNAs in progression of HCV induced liver fibrosis. Ongoing studies are investigating in depth role of these miRNAs in liver fibrosis progression with an aim to develop miRNA based target therapies.
His current research interests lies in identifying the presence of baseline RAS in NS3, NS5A and NS5B genes from DAA treatment-naive patients infected with HCV. Identification of RASs prior to start of DAA therapy will help clinicians in better management of DAA combination therapy for patients undergoing treatment.
Total Number of publications (Till Date) 12
Total Number of publications in 2018 8
Details/List of Publications in the year 2018 (Vancouver style)
- Lall S, Choudhary MC, Mahajan S, Kumar G, Gupta E. Performance evaluation of TRUPCR® HBV Real-time PCR assay for Hepatitis B virus DNA quantification in clinical samples: Report from a tertiary care liver centre. Accepted Virusdisease. 2018
- Choudhary MC, Bajpai V, Anand L, Gupta E. Guillain-Barré syndrome in a patient of acute Hepatitis E virus infection associated with genotype 1: Case report and literature review. Accepted. IRDR, 2018.
- Sukriti S, Choudhary MC, Maras JS, Sharma S, Das, Das S, Thangriyal S, Islam M, Singh A, Trehanpati N, Sharma S, Gupta E, Sarin SK. Extracellular Vesicles From Hepatitis B Patients Serve As Reservoir Of Hepatitis B Virus DNA. J Viral Hepat. 2018 Sep 5. doi: 10.1111/jvh.12995.
- Maras JS, Das S, Sharma S, Sukriti S, Kumar J, Vyas AK, Kumar D, Bhat A, Yadav G, Choudhary MC, Sharma S, Kumar G, Bihari C, Trehanpati N, Maiwall R, Sarin SK. Iron-Overload triggers ADAM-17 mediated inflammation in Severe Alcoholic Hepatitis. Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 6;8(1):10264. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-28483-x.
- Gupta P, Choudhary MC, Batra A, Bajpai M, Gupta E. Platelets as an extra-hepatic reservoir of HCV RNA: A prospective study. JCDR, 2018. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2018/36491.12336
- Bhatia M, Gupta E, Choudhary MC, Mittal A, Sarin SK. Evaluation of impact of occult hepatitis B infection in chronic HCV infected patients- A retrospective cohort study. J Lab Physicians. 2018 Jul-Sep;10(3):304-308. doi: 10.4103/JLP.JLP_12_18.
- Mahajan S, Choudhary MC, Saeed H, Kumar G, Gupta E. Evaluation of Dried Blood Spot as an alternative sample collection method for hepatitis C virus RNA quantitation and genotyping using a commercial real-time PCR assay system. VirusDis. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13337-018-0441-9.
Agarwala P, Gupta E, Choudhary MC, Pamecha V. Absence of chronic hepatitis E virus infection in liver transplant recipients: report from a hyperendemic region. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2018 Mar 19. doi: 10.1007/s12664-018-0840-2.