Dr Vikas Khillan completed his MBBS, MD from UCMS, Delhi in 1999 and 2002. After working as a senior resident in GTB hospital for 3 years he joined as a National Head, Department of Microbiology at Dr Lal path labs, New Delhi before joining ILBS in 2008 .At ILBS, he was instrumental in setting up of Departments of Clinical Microbiology and Infection control.
Along with handling Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology ,Parasitology and Mycology sections of the lab, he is actively involved in antibiotic stewardship, infection control activities and biomedical waste management of the hospital . He developed antibiotic policy, infection control manual and quality manuals for the hospital. He emphasized hand hygiene training, surveillance of OTs and monitoring of infection control indicators like CRBSI, SSI, VAP, and CAUTI at ILBS. He is helping clinicians in rational use of antibiotics during his rounds in critical areas of hospital. He is a coordinator for all NABL related activities of the labs in the capacity of “Technical Manager” laboratory medicine. He is a co-chairman of infection control committee and a member of drug and theuraptic committee at ILBS. . He is actively involved in the NABH certification and other hospital certification activities like kayakalp. Started post doctoral certificate course in advanced diagnostic and clinical microbiology.
Total No. of Projects (2018): 6
Details/List of Projects
1.Co-PI for project: Study of timeline and etiology of bacterial and fungal infections in Gastro-intestinal malignancies
2. Co-PI for project:Prospective Screening for fungalinfections in Liver Transplant recipients for early diagnosis of invasive fungal infections
3. Co-PI for project: Title: Molecular and serological methods for rapid diagnosis of fungal infections in chronic liver diseases
4. Co-PI for “Evaluation of the role of Real Time Multiplex PCR in identification of atypical bacterial and respiratory pathogens.
5. Co-PI for “Incidence, Bacterial and Fungal etiology and outcome of early onset pneumonia in liver transplant recipients
6. Co-PI for “Pre-transplant culture for prediction of post-liver transplant bacterial and fungal infections”