Dr.Meenu Bajpai is presently Additional Professor and Faculty-in-Charge of Department of Transfusion Medicine at ILBS. She did her MD in Transfusion Medicine from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. She also did her Senior Residency from the same Institute, following which she did Senior Research Asscociateship from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for a short period. She has worked on platelet antibodies in hemato-oncology patients as a part of her MD and on irregular antibodies in neonates with hemolytic disease of newborn as SRA. She was awarded Princess of Wales Scholarship by the British Blood Transfusion Society in 2009 and the Harlod Gunson Fellowship by the International Society of Blood Transfusion in 2011. She has been working as faculty at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences since 2008. She is Assistant Editor of Asian Journal of Transfusion Sciences since 2011. She is the Nodal Officer for Hepatitis day awareness program organized by the Institute. She is a course faculty for the WHO CC centre at the Institute. She is presently working in various committees of the Institute and chairing sexual harassment committee. She also looks after procurement at ILBS as purchase officer (Faculty). She is a member of the Signal Review Committee of Hemovigilance Programme of India under NIB (MoH&FW). She is member Board of Studies, AIIMS Jodhpur. She is an executive member representing North India of the India chapter of Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine (AATM).
- Invited as a guest faculty at 6th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM) TRANSMEDCON 2017 being held from 3rd to 5th November, 2017 at Hotel Taj Vivanta, Lucknow to give a talk on “Transfusion support in ABO
incompatible solid organ transplant”
- Invited as a speaker at 9th Annual meet of Odisha Hematology 2017 being held on 18th & 19th November 2017 at Burla, Sambalpur Odisha to give a talk on ‘Transfusion support in alloimmunized patients with Sickle cell anemia’.
- Invited as a guest faculty at 42nd ISBTI National Conference of ISBTI “TRANSCON 2017” organized at Education City of Kota from 08th to 10th Dec. 2017 to give talk on “Transfusion support in liver transplantation”.
- Visiting faculty for the training of Lab Technicians on Blood Safety Training Programme at Department of Transfusion Medicine BMHRC, Bhopal from 04th to 08th September 2017.
- Expert Faculty for “Training of Trainers for Strengthening of Blood services e-Rakt kosh" under NHM and NIB collaborative program at NIB Noida in July and September 2017.
- Invited as an expert for two Day Workshop on Strengthening of Blood Services and Haemovigilance at Aizawl, Mizoram in August 2017.
Total Number of publications in 2017: 1
Total No. of Projects : 2
- Bajpai M, Kaura B, Marwaha N, Kumari S, Sharma RR, Agnihotri SK.Platelet alloimmunization in multitransfused patients with haemato-oncologicaldisorders.Natl Med J India. 2005 May-Jun;18(3):134-6.
- Sharma RR, Cheema R, Vajpayee M, Rao U, Kumar S, Marwaha N, Agnihotri SK.Prevalence of markers of transfusion transmissible diseases in voluntary andreplacement blood donors.Natl Med J India. 2004 Jan-Feb;17(1):19-21.
- Thakral B, Saluja K, Bajpai M, Sharma RR, Marwaha N. Importance of Weak ABO Subgroups. Lab Med 36(1):32-34, 2005.
- Bajpai M, Gupta S, Chatterjee K. Are medicated adhesive bands at the phlebotomy site useful?Indian j Hematol Blood Transfus 25(2):86-87.
- Hemovigilance – A clinician’s perspective. CME on "Hemo vigilance" in collaboration with National Institute of Biologicals MOHFW at AIIMS Bhubaneshwar. April 2016.
- Effects of therapeutic plasma exchange on coagulopathy and liver function tests in critically ill liver disease patients -2016 International Society of Blood Transfusion conference [Vox Sanguinis (2016) 111 (Suppl. 1)pg 298] Dubai September 2016.
- Autoimmune Hemolytic Anaemia- An approach to Work-up. Wet Workshop on Immunohaematology, Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM) Bhopal, November 2016
- Cases Studies in Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia. Wet Workshop on Immunohaematology, Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM) Bhopal, November 2016
- ZIKA Virus and the Blood Supply – What do we know!. National Conference of Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM) Bhopal, November 2016
- Panel Discussion: Surgical Patient Blood Management in Liver Transplants. National Conference of Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM) Bhopal, November 2016
- All about SPD- Case Study, Indications, Devices, Outcome, Challenges. Work-shop on Apheresis Medicine: Plasma Exchange & Transplantation. Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine (AATM) and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) joint conference. Bangalore, December 2016
- "Case presentation on hemolytic anemia in Autoimmune Liver Disease. Ramalingaswamy Oration, New Delhi August 2016
- Plateletpheresis. CME on Apheresis at Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh. October 2016.