Dr Pratibha Kale has graduated from Government Medical College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra and MD, Microbiology from PGIMER, Chandigarh with senior residency from AIIMS, New Delhi in 2015. Dr Pratibha has accomplished her DNB in 2013 and garnered the Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences in 2017. Dr Pratibha is an NABH assessor. She has partaken in the Infectious Disease Certificate Course in 2014. Her major research interests are mycology, post transplant infections and multidrug resistant pathogens. Dr Pratibha is the member secretary of the Hospital Infection Control Committee. She is Associate of Royal College of Pathologists, London and the exam co-ordinator for FRCPath examination.
She has received academic bronze medal at PGIMER and Dr Bederkar Award for Physiology (2002). Received G.P. Agarwal Young scientist award, best oral paper presentation on “Comparison of responses of Aspergillus flavus and Alternaria alternata on activation and degranulation of eosinophils in allergic fungal rhinusinusitis”SIHAM, 2012. She has received NAWOPIA Dr. Pankajalakshmi V. Venugopal Prize for Best Paper in Mycology” at MICROCON 2014, USTI- IASSTD & AIDS Scholarship worth Rs 20,000 for at ASTICON 2014 and IAMM Silver Jubilee Best paper in parasitology, MICROCON 2015. Dr Pratibha has received travel grant award from Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (ISHTM). She has received First Prize in Essay Writing Competition in Vigilance Week PGIMER Chandigarh.
Awards/ Membership (2018):
- First prize, poster Award Peds-Sepsis 2018,”Study of Infections in patients with Biliary Artesia & their impact on short term outcomes”
- Elite award for the course “Mange TB”,ICMR, National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis
- Awarded degree of “Diploma in Hospital Management”, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare.
- Membership of “International Society for Human and Animal Mycologists”
- Membership of “European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases”,
- Membership of “Society for Indian Human and Animal Mycology”
1. Faculty lecture in GISICON October 2017, Bhopal on “Intra-abdominal Fungal Infections.”
2. Invited faculty and paper presentation at CIDSCON August 2017, Nagpur on “Prognostic Significance of Serum Procalcitonin Level in Critically ill Patients with Ventilator Associated Pneumonia in Liver Diseases”
3. Presented paper in IAMM Delhi Chapter February 2017, AIIMS, New Delhi on “Prevalence and profile of Mycobacterial infections in liver disease: Zilch but exceptions”
4. Presented paper at IAMM DC Annual conference on “Prognostic Significance of Serum Procalcitonin Level In Critically ill Patients With Fungal Pneumonia In Liver Diseases”
5. Organizing committee member of Delhi-NCR Chapter meet of Hospital Infection Society - India and HISI Educational and Awareness Initiative –CME
6. Steering committee member for NAAC peer team visit June, 2017.
7. Co-ordinator for nursing and school program for hepatitis day.
8. Comparing of the Hepatitis day December 2017.
9. Comparing of the World Hepatitis day Program, July 2017.
10. Editorial team member for Annual report 2017
11. Reviewer for Clinical and Experimental allergy, Microscopy Research and Techniques