- Varshney M, Parel JT, Raizada N, Sarin SK. Initial psychological impact of COVID-19 and its correlates in Indian Community: An online (FEEL-COVID) survey. PlosOne. 2020 May 29;15(5):e0233874.
- Varshney M, Shasthry SM, Sarin SK. Evaluation Of Safety, Tolerability And Effectiveness Of Naltrexone For Long-Term Management Of Alcohol Use Disorder In Patients With Liver Cirrhosis. HEPATOLOGY 72, 162A-162A (Abstract)
- Varshney M, Ambekar A, Lal R, Yadav D, Rao R, Mishra A. Brief Interventions for Harmful AlcoholUse in Opioid-dependent Patients on Maintenance Treatment With Buprenorphine: A Prospective Study From India. Addictive Disorders & Their Treatment. 2016 Sep 1;15(3):129-35.
- Varshney M, Parmar A, Mishra AK. The Past, Present and Future of Literature Pertaining to Betel (Areca) Nut: A Citation Analysis. Substance use & misuse. 2020;55(9):1403-12..
- Varshney M, Mahapatra A, Krishnan V, Gupta R, Deb KS. Violence and mental illness: what is the true story?. Journal of epidemiology and community health (BMJ). 2016 Mar 1;70(3):223-5.
- Varshney M, Gupta R. Psychotropics and risk of violent crime. The Lancet - 6 December 2014 (Vol. 384, Issue 9959, Page 2025) DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)62333-3.
- Varshney M, Gupta R, Balhara YP. Yes, India has done it: Decriminalization of suicide in India. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2015Jul26.pii:S1876-2018(15)00163-X.doi:10.1016/j.ajp.2015.07.005.
- Sarkar S, Varshney M. Yoga and substance use disorders: A narrative review. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017 Feb 28;25:191-6
- Quraishi, R., Varshney, M., Rao, R.V. and Ambekar, A., 2022. Evaluation of alcohol use pattern among OST patients using alcohol biomarkers: Report from community clinics in India. Indian journal of psychiatry, 64(3), pp.312-315.
- Choudhury A, Varshney M, Sahoo B, Pamecha V, Sinha P, Patil NS, Mohapatra N, Sharma V, Kumar R. Impact of covid-19 pandemic on quality of life and psychosocial difficulties among liver transplant recipients. Journal of family medicine and primary care. 2022 Feb;11(2):744-50
- Maheshwari A, Varshney M, Gupta K, Bajpai M. Psychological assessment and lived experiences of recovered COVID-19 patients who presented for convalescent plasma donation. Transfusion Clinique et Biologique. 2021 Aug;28(3):254.
- Maheshwari, A., Varshney, M., Bajpai, M., Raizada, N. and Sharma, T., 2022. An Exploratory Study of the Differences in Attitudes and Motives Regarding COVID-19 Plasma Donation. Acta medica Lituanica, 29(1), pp.14-14.
- R Rao, Varshney M, S Singh, A Agrawal, A Ambekar. Mental Healthcare Act, 2017, and addiction treatment: Potential pitfalls and trepidations. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 2019. 61 (2), 208
- Syed S, Rastogi A, Bansal A, Kumar A, Jindal A, Prakash A, Agarwal G, Varshney M. Future of e-Learning in Medical Education—Perception, Readiness, and Challenges in a Developing Country. Front. Educ. 6: 598309. doi: 10.3389/feduc. 2021 Mar 5.
- Choudhury AK, Varshney M, Sinha P, Mohapatra NR, Patil N, Pamecha V, Sharma V, Sarin SK. Psychosocial Difficulties And Quality Of Life In Liver Transplant Recipients During The Covid-19 Pandemic. HEPATOLOGY 2020 Nov 1 (Vol. 72, pp. 297A-297A). (Abstract)
- Quraishi R, Varshney M, Singh A, Singh D, Kumar M, Rao R, Jain R, Ambekar A. Use of filter paper to measure alcohol biomarkers among opioid-dependent patients on agonist maintenance treatment: A community-based study. Indian journal of psychological medicine. 2019 Nov;41(6):529-34.
- Khurana R, Varshney M, Mishra S, Gupta N, Garg R, Bharti S, Kumar V, Bhatnagar S. Opioid dispensing patterns from a tertiary care cancer hospital during the nationwide lockdown in COVID-19 pandemic. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 2020 Jun;26(Suppl 1):S70.
- Parel JT, Varshney M, George M, Khurana R, Thomas L, Khakha DC. Feeling the early impact of COVID-19 pandemic: Mental health of nurses in India. J Depress Anxiety. 2020;9(5):381.
- Sahoo B, Varshney M, Khurana R, Kumar G, Dhingra H, Richa, Yadav D, Kaur J, Kapur S, Abrol P. Effect of lockdown on children during COVID-19 pandemic–A cross-sectional study. Panacea J Med Sci 2022;12(1):156-163
- Sarkar S, Lal R, Varshney M, Kumar S, Balhara YP. Can tramadol be used for maintenance treatment of opioid dependence: Report from an observational study. Substance Use and Misuse. 2019 (54 (3), 506-513
- Jhanjee S, Varshney M, Panda UK, Kaloiya GS, Dayal P, Yadav D. Evaluation of a training workshop on tobacco cessation: capacity building initiative in India. Tobacco Induced Diseases 2018 Jan 1 (Vol. 16, pp. 24-25)
- Sarkar S, Varshney M, Patil V, Lal R. Maintainence treatment of opioid dependence with tramadol.Journal of neurosciences in rural practice. 2017 Aug;8(Suppl 1):S98
- Balhara YP, Dahiya N, Varshney M, Garg S, Bhargava R. Awareness, Self-Assessment and HelpSeeking Behavior for Behavioral Addictions Related to Use of Mobile Technology Among Attendees of aHealth Camp. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India: 2018 Jan;66:45
- Avasthi A, Varshney M. Book review: Comprehensive textbook of Sexual Medicine (Second edition). Indian J Psychiatry 2014;56:311-2
- Jhanjee S, Jain R, Jain V, Gupta T, Varshney M, Schnoll R. Understanding the correlates of successfulabstinence in a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial of varenicline for smokeless tobaccodependence in India. Tobacco Induced Diseases 2018 Jan 1 (Vol. 16, pp. 133-134)
- Ambekar A, Rao R, Varshney M, Prashanth R, Dhawan A, Jain R, Ray R, Bhola S, Gupta N, Chopra A, Sethi H (2014), Post Marketing Surveillance of Methadone in India, National Drug DependenceTreatment Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Deb KS, Gupta R, Varshney M. Orlistat abuse in Bulimia Nervosa: the changing Indian society.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2014 Sep-Oct;36(5):549.e3-4.
- Srivastava P, Gupta R, Varshney M, Sharan P. A rare case of imitation injury. Indian J PsycholMed. 2014 Apr;36(2):215-7.
- Tewari SN, Khurmi M, Varshney M, Chaudhari G, Kaur P, Prabhakar P. Lithium Use andadverse effects in Pregnancy, Lactation and Child bearing age and RashtriyaBalSwasthyaKaryakram. J Pharmcovig Drug Safety, January-March-2015, Volume : 12, Issue :1, Page: 36-39.
- Srivastava P, Bhad R, Sharma P, Varshney M, Sharan P. Successful management of difficult-to-treatirritable bowel syndrome incorporating a psychological approach. The National medical journal of India.2015;28(4):188.
- Varshney M, Lal R. Ambekar A, Yadav D. Harmful / Hazardous pattern of alcohol use among opioid dependent men, stabilized on agonist maintenance treatment with buprenorphine (abstract). Indian Journal of Psychiatry January 2014. Volume 56; Issue 5 (Supplement)
- Pawar A, Dhawan A, Aarya KR, Varshney M. Profile of patients presenting to the child and adolescentsubstance use clinic at a tertiary care de-addiction center (abstract). Indian Journal of Psychiatry January 2013. Volume 55; Issue 5 (Supplement)