- Ramakrishna G, Rastogi A, Trehanpati N, Sen B, Khosla R, Sarin S.K. From Cirrhosis to Hepatocellular Carcinoma: New Molecular Insights on Inflammation and Cellular Senescence. (2013) Liver Cancer 2:367–383
- Kiran S, Chatterjee N, Singh S, Kaul SC, Wadhwa R, Ramakrishna G. Intracellular distribution of human SIRT7 and mapping of the nuclear/nucleolar localization signal. (2013) FEBS J. 280(14):3451-66.
- Ramakrishna G, Anwar T, Angara RK, Chatterjee N, Kiran S, Singh S. ( 2012) Role of cellular senescence in hepatic wound healing and carcinogenesis. Eur J Cell Biol. Oct;91(10):739-47. (on the cover page of the journal)
- Chatterjee N, Kiran S, Islam N, Ramasarma T, Ramakrishna G. (2011) Diperoxovanadate can substitute for H(2)O(2) at much lower concentration in inducing features of premature cellular senescence in mouse fibroblasts (NIH3T3). Mech Ageing Dev. 2011 May;132(5):230-9.
- Bose S, Sakhuja P, Bezawada L, Agarwal AK, Kazim SN, Khan LA, Sarin SK, Ramakrishna G. Hepatocellular carcinoma with persistent hepatitis B virus infection shows unusual downregulation of Ras expression and differential response to Ras mediated signaling. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011 Jan;26(1):135-44.
- Piyathilake CJ, Badiga S, Paul P, Vijayaraghavan K, Vedantham H, Sudula M, Sowjanya P, Ramakrishna G, Shah KV, Partridge EE, Gravitt PE. Indian women with higher serum concentrations of folate and vitamin B12 are significantly less likely to be infected with carcinogenic or high-risk (HR) types of human papillomaviruses (HPVs). Int J Womens Health. 2010 Aug 9;2:7-12
- Gravitt PE, Paul P, Katki HA, Vendantham H, Ramakrishna G, Sudula M, Kalpana B, Ronnett BM, Vijayaraghavan K, Shah KV; CATCH Study Team.Effectiveness of VIA, Pap, and HPV DNA testing in a cervical cancer screening program in a peri-urban community in Andhra Pradesh, India. PLoS One. 2010 Oct 28;5(10):e13711.
- Vedantham H, Silver MI, Kalpana B, Rekha C, Karuna BP, Vidyadhari K, Mrudula S, Ronnett BM, Vijayaraghavan K, Ramakrishna G, Sowjanya P, Laxmi S, Shah KV, Gravitt PE; CATCH Study Team. Determinants of VIA (Visual Inspection of the Cervix After Acetic Acid Application) positivity in cervical cancer screening of women in a peri-urban area in Andhra Pradesh, India. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010 May;19(5):1373-80.
- Sowjanya AP, Paul P, Vedantham H, Ramakrishna G, Vidyadhari D, Vijayaraghavan K, Laksmi S, Sudula M, Ronnett BM, Das M, Shah KV, Gravitt PE; Community Access to Cervical Health Study Group. Suitability of self-collected vaginal samples for cervical cancer screening in periurban villages in Andhra Pradesh, India. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009 May;18(5):1373-8.
- Gokul G, Ramakrishna G, Khosla S. Reprogramming of HeLa cells upon DNMT3L overexpression mimics carcinogenesis. Epigenetics. 2009 Jul;4(5):322-9.
- Gokul G, Gautami B,Malathi S, Sowjanya AP, Poli UR, Jain M, Ramakrishna G,Khosla S. (2007) DNA methylation profile at the DNMT3L promoter: a potential biomarker for cervical cancer. Epigenetics. 2007 2(2):80-5.
- Sowjanya AP, Jain M, Poli UR, Padma S, Das M, Shah KV, Rao BN, Devi RR, Gravitt PE, Ramakrishna G. (2005) Prevalence and distribution of high-risk Human papilloma virus (HPV) types in invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix and in normal women in Andhra Pradesh, India. BMC Infect Dis.;5(1):116 (Highly accessed paper)
- Padma S, Sowjanya AP, Poli UR, Jain M, Rao B, Ramakrishna G. S. Padma , A. Pavani Sowjanya, Usha Rani Poli, Meenakshi Jain, B. N. Rao and Ramakrishna G. (2005) Downregulation of Calcineurin Activity in Cervical Carcinoma. Cancer Cell International , 5:7
- Singh A, Sowjanya AP, Ramakrishna G. Arvind Singh, Pavani Sowjanya and Ramakrishna G. (2005) The Wild type Ras: Road ahead. FASEB Journal 19 : 161-9.
- Vucenik I, Ramakrishna G, Tantivejkul K, Anderson LM, Ramljak D. (2005) Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) blocks proliferation of human breast cancer cells3 through a PKCd-dependent increase in p27Kip1 and decrease in retinoblastoma protein (pRb) phosphorylation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 91(1):35-45.
- Radha Rama Devi, Govindiah V, Ramakrisna G and Naushad M (2004) Prevalance of methylene tertahydrofolate reducatse polymorphism in south Indian population. Current Science 86, 440-3
- Kammouni W*, Ramakrishna G*, Sithanandam G, Smith GT, Fornwald LW, Masuda A, Takahashi T, Anderson LM. (2002) Increased K-ras protein and activity in mouse and human lung epithelial cells at confluence. Cell Growth Differ.,13(9):441-8. (* equal contribution by both authors)
- Calvert RJ, Ramakrishna G, Tepper S, Diwan BA, Anderson LM, Kritchevsky D. (2002) Alterations in membrane-bound and cytoplasmic K-ras protein levels in mouse lung induced by treatment with lovastatin, cholestyramine, or niacin: effects are highly mouse strain dependent. Biochem Pharmacol. 1;64(1):41-8.
- Ramakrishna G, Perella C, Birely L, Diwan BA, Fornwald LW, Anderson LM. (2002) Decrease in K-ras p21 and increase in Raf1 and activated Erk 1 and 2 in murine lung tumors initiated by N-nitrosodimethylamine and promoted by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 15;179(1):21-34.
- Shiao YH, Ramakrishna G, Anderson LM, Perantoni AO, Rice JM, Diwan BA. (2002) Down-regulation of von Hippel-Lindau protein in N-nitroso compound-induced rat non-clear cell renal tumors Cancer Lett., 8;179(1):33-8.
- McKenna IM, Ramakrishna G, Diwan BA, Kang Y, Shiao YH, Wakefield LM, Powell DA, Anderson LM, Jakowlew SB. (2001) Heterozygous inactivation of TGF-beta1 increases the susceptibility to chemically induced mouse lung tumorigenesis independently of mutational activation of K-ras. Toxicol Lett., 15;123(2-3):151-8.
22. McKenna IM, Ramakrishna G, Diwan BA, Shiao YH, Kasprzak KS, Powell DA, Anderson LM. (2001) K-ras mutations in mouse lung tumors of extreme age: independent of paternal preconceptional exposure to chromium(III) but significantly more frequent in carcinomas than adenomas. Mutat Res., 25;490(1):57-65.
- Ramakrishna G, Sithanandam G, Cheng RY, Fornwald LW, Smith GT, Diwan BA, Anderson LM. (2000) K-ras p21 expression and activity in lung and lung tumors. Exp Lung Res., 26(8):659-71.
- Ramakrishna G, Bialkowska A, Perella C, Birely L, Fornwald LW, Diwan BA, Shiao YH, Anderson LM. (2000) Ki-ras and the characteristics of mouse lung tumors. Mol Carcinog. 28(3):156-67.
- Diwan BA, Ramakrishna G, Anderson LM, Ramljak D. (2000) Overexpression of Grb2 in inflammatory lesions and preneoplastic foci and tumors induced by N- nitrosodimethylamine in Helicobacter hepaticus-infected and -noninfected A/J mice. Toxicol Pathol. 28(4):548-54.
- Shiao YH, Resau JH, Nagashima K, Anderson LM, Ramakrishna G. The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor targets to mitochondria. Cancer Res. 2000, 1;60(11):2816-9.
- Rice PL, Porter SE, Koski KM, Ramakrishna G, Chen A, Schrump D, Kazlauskas A, Malkinson AM. (1999) Reduced receptor expression for platelet-derived growth factor and epidermal growth factor in dividing mouse lung epithelial cells. Mol Carcinog. 25(4):285-94.
- Sithanandam G, Ramakrishna G, Diwan BA, Anderson LM. (1998) Selective mutation of K-ras by N-ethylnitrosourea shifts from codon 12 to codon 61 during fetal mouse lung maturation. Oncogene. 30;17(4):493-502.
- Ramakrishna G, Anderson LM. (1998) Levels and membrane localization of the c-K-ras p21 protein in lungs of mice of different genetic strains and effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) and Aroclor 1254. Carcinogenesis. 19(3):463-70.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S. (1994) Morphogenesis of Dictyostelium discoideum treated with lindane. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 52(6):871-7.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S (1994) Pinocytic stimulation in Dictyostelium discoideum by gamma-benzene hexachloride. J Cell Physiol. 158(3):523-6.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S (1994) Growth and development of cellular slime mould Dictyostelium discoideum treated with DDT. Environ Pollut.;86(2):135-40.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S. (1993) Phosphatase activities in pesticide-treated growing and developing cells of Dictyostelium discoideum. J Appl Toxicol. Jul-Aug;13(4):297-300.
- Ramakrishna G, Chatterjee S. (1993) Phagocytic activity of Dictyostelium amoebae treated with an organochlorine pesticide. Cell Biol Int. 17(3):349-52.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S. (1992) Effects of lindane on growth of cellular slime mold Dictyostelium discoideum. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. Aug;49(2):285-9.
- Ramakrishna G , Chatterjee S. (1991) Effects of chlorpromazine on growth and development of Dictyostelium discoideum. Microbios.;68(275):97-107.
- Ram BM, Ramakrishna G. Endoplasmic reticulum vacuolation and unfolded protein response leading to paraptosis like cell death in cyclosporine A treated cancer cervix cells is mediated by cyclophilin B inhibition. (2014) BBA: Molecular Cell Research (In Press)
- Singh S, Kumar U, Thakur S, Kran S, Sen B, Sharma S, Venkaiah V, Poongothai AR and Ramakrishna G (2015) Expression/localization patterns of Sirtuins (SIRT1, SIRT2 and SIRT7) during progression of cervical cancer and effects of Sirtuin inhibitors on growth of cervical cancer cells Tumor Biology (in press)
- Kiran S, Oddi V, Ramakrishna G. (2015) Sirtuin 7 promotes cellular survival following genomic stress by attenuation of DNA damage, SAPK activation and p53 response. Exp Cell Res. Feb 1;331(1):123-41.
- Kiran S, Anwar T, Kiran M, Ramakrishna G (2015) Sirtuin 7 in cell proliferation, stress and disease: Rise of the Seventh Sirtuin! Cell Signal 27(3):673-682
- Ram BM, Ramakrishna G. (2014) Endoplasmic reticulum vacuolation and unfolded protein response leading to paraptosis like cell death in cyclosporine A treated cancer cervix cells is mediated by cyclophilin B inhibition. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1843(11):2497-512.
Submission to NCBI : Single nucleotide polymorphism database:
Maryam Bashir, A.P.Suresh Kumar, Ramakrishna G (2004) A synonymous SNP in codon 1493 of adenomatous polyposis coli gene in Indian population.
- Total Number of publications of that faculty member: 52
- Total Number of publications in 2018: 3
- Total Number of projects 2018 2