Anaesthesia & Critical Care
Department of Anaesthesia at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences provides perioperative anaesthesia care for surgical and interventional procedures in the setting of operation theatres as well as outside as for day care endoscopy and radiological procedures. The department is also actively involved in postoperative care of high risk surgical patients admitted to surgical and transplant intensive care units and provides round the clock acute pain services for management of postoperative pain for patients discharged to surgical wards after their surgery. Besides the clinical services the department is also engaged in research activities and has an active teaching program under which students are admitted to MCI recognised post- doctoral courses including DM and PDCC in Transplant anaesthesia and critical care. The department takes pride in its alumnies who are presently occupying positions of repute all over the world. The department since last 5 years have been successfully conducting a one day symposium for clinicians involved in conduct of anaesthesia and perioperative critical care for solid organ transplant recipients by the name of TRANCRIT which has become a much awaited event of the speciality..
|GI and Urology Surgeries besides Transplant||1135||1222|
|Radiology Suite Procedures||1156||1148|
|Liver Coma ICU||-||1077|
|Liver Transplant ICU||175||174|
- TRANCRIT 2016, 14th June 2016
5th Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care Symposium
|Name of the course||Candidates
DM in Organ Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care
Dr. Nanda Kumar
Dr. Sandeep Sharma
PDCC Liver Transplant Anaesthesia
Dr. Kalpana Pundlikrao Thate
Dr. Surbhi Abrol
|Dr. Vivekananthan P|
|PDCC in critical Care Medicine (with
Specialisation in Liver Intensive Care)
|Dr. Prachi Bansal|
- The department successfully conducted 5th Edition of TRANCRIT 2016.
- First candidate of DM Organ Transplant Anaesthesia and Critical Care successfully completed the course.
- The students who successfully completed the academic programmes of the Department of Anaesthesia have been recruited to the centres of the repute of the world.
Visiting faculty – Year 2016
- Dr Lenin Babu, JIPMER Puducherry - BHU,February 2016 to March 20168/11/16
- Dr Satya Prakash,JIPMER Puducherry,February 2016 to March