About ILBS Library
ILBS library provides comprehensive resources and services to support the academic, research and learning need of the institute. It has a collection of more than 1000 resources which includes books, bound volumes of journals, theses and audio visuals (CD/DVDs). It also subscribes current full text journals (online and/or print) to keep abreast users with the latest trends in the field of various disciplines and speciality. The library is also a member of ERMED Consortium, nationwide electronic information resources in the field of medicine, coordinated through National Medical Library, DGHS, Govt. of India. It also has facility of statistical analysis tool/software for users. The library is managed by a team of duly qualified library professionals and is headed by faculty in-charge. Feedback from users is always appreciated.
- Dr. Y.K. Joshi, Sr. Prof. (Clinical Nutrition) - Chairman
- Dr. C.K. Pandey, Sr. Prof. (Anaesthesiology & Critical Care) - Co-Chairman
- Dr. Seema Alam, Professor (Pediatric Hepatology) - Member Secretary
- Dr. Archana Rastogi, Addl. Professor (Pathology) - Member
- Dr. Gayatri Ramakrishna, Addl. Professor (Research) - Member
- Dr. Senthil Kumar, Addl. Professor (Liver Transplant Surgery) - Member
- Dr. Yashwant Patidar, Asst. Professor (Interventional Radiology) - Member
- Sh. Kulvinder Singh, Manager (Administration) – Member
- Sh. Deepak Chaturvedi, Junior Librarian - Member
- Prof. Seema Alam, Paediatric Hepatology – Faculty In-Charge
- Sh. Deepak Kumar Chaturvedi – Junior Librarian
- Sh. Pooja – Junior Librarian
- Sh. Anil Khushwaha. – Junior Librarian
- Md. Abdur Raqeeb – Junior Librarian
The library timings (subject to change) shall be 24/7 (round-the-clock) schedule.
- The membership would be open to all the faculties, senior residents (SR) and research scholars of the Institute.
- Faculties would be issued two library cards.
- SRs and research scholars would be issued one library card.
- Borrowers shall be requested to carry his/her membership/identity card which shall be shown whenever asked for.
The library timings (subject to change) shall be 24/7 (round-the-clock) schedule.
- Book shall be issued to borrower maximum for 14 days at a time.
- A book can be reissued provided no other members have reserved the same book.
- The books will be issued against the reader’s tickets (Library Card).
- The library card issued to the borrowers is non-transferable.
- Books for the usage of admin section would be issued to the person In-charge of the section through register.
Conditions of Loan
- It is the responsibility of the borrower for timely return of the books. No ground for late return of books and exemption of fines will be accepted.
- An overdue charges of Rs.5/-, per book per day, will be charged if the book is not returned to the library when due.
- ‘NOT TO BE ISSUED’ category includes reference books, project reports, loose and bound volumes of periodical/journal.
- The borrowers of various departments shall be required to obtain “No Dues Certificate” from the Librarian before leaving the Institute after surrendering the library card issued to them.
- The librarian has the discretion to stop issue of any book.
Loss of Library Card
- Loss of Library card would be reported immediately to the Librarian in writing.
- Duplicate Library card shall be issued on request in writing after the report of the loss is made. A member shall have to pay Rs.50/- for each duplicate library card. However, the member concerned shall continue to be responsible for any loss due to the misuse of the lost card even after having been issued duplicate tickets.
Loss of Book
- In case of loss or damage of book issued the borrower shall have to replace the same or to pay the cost of its latest edition.
- If any single volume of the book lost or damage the member shall have to pay the cost of the whole set.
- The members would satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books before borrowing the book and defects found shall be brought to the notice of the library staff. The defects, if any, found at the time of return of the book the borrower shall be held responsible.
- Members are advised not to write in, mark, dog-earing or otherwise disfigure and damage books, journals and other resources. In case any damage, the person concerned will be responsible and have to replace the same or pay the cost.
- Tearing off pages and damaging the book is an act of indiscipline. The act shall be viewed as serious breach of discipline and the suitable action shall be taken under Academic/Institute discipline. The librarian will immediately report this matter to the Competent Authority.
- Maintaining silence is individual’s responsibility and those found breaking the rule is liable to serious academic/institute indiscipline as per rule under Academic/Institute discipline. The librarian shall report the matter to the Competent Authority.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, using cell phone and listening to the music is strictly prohibited in the library.
- The Library may amend its rules as and when required.
Use of Electronic Resources (e-Resources)
It is the responsibility of all users of the institute (ILBS) to ensure that their use of e-Resources complies with copyright law, as well as with license conditions imposed by publishers. License terms vary from publisher to publisher. Members of the institute are expected to make reasonable and good faith effort to comply with the terms of these agreements. Common restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- Resources may be accessed and downloaded by authorized users for their personal use only. Authorized users include ILBS faculties, students, researchers, health care professionals and those who have been allowed access to the Library's computer workstations.
- Resources may be used for scholarly, educational or scientific research purposes; any selling, distributing, licensing or renting for commercial uses is prohibited.
- Systematic and/or substantial downloading or reproduction large amount of information materials is prohibited (e.g. downloading all articles of an issue, engage in large-scale downloading from licensed resources to create databases).
- Use of Web crawlers/spider/robots or any other software packages or systematic searching tools or programs is forbidden.
- Any proprietary and/or copyright notices, author attribution or disclaimers with electronic resources may not be removed or modified.
e - Resources
- The Cochrane Library
A constantly updated collection of evidence based medicine materials
- ERMED Consortium (e-Journals)
Journals accessible through the Consortium from National Medical Library, New Delhi
- ILBS Journals
Journals subscribed by ILBS
- Open Access Journals
Directory of open access journals
Journal citations and abstracts collected from the life sciences and biomedical literature
- UpToDate | PDF
An evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource that assists clinicians with point-of-care decisions
- The Cochrane Library
S. No. Title Publisher Mode of Subs 1 Abdominal Radiology Springer Online 2 Acta Cytologica Karger Online 3 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition ASN Online 4 American Journal of Clinical Pathology Oxford Online 5 American Journal of Gastroenterology Nature Online 6 American Journal of Kidney Diseases Elsevier Online 7 American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology APS Online 8 American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine ATS Online 9 American Journal of Roentgenology ARRS Online 10 American Journal of Surgical Pathology LWW Online 11 American Journal of Transplantation Wiley Online 12 Anesthesia and Analgesia LWW Online 13 Anesthesiology Clinics Elsevier Online 14 Anesthesiology LWW Online 15 Annals of Surgery LWW Online 16 Annual Reviews of Virology Annual Rev. Online 17 Applied Nursing Research Elsevier Online 18 BJU International Wiley Online 19 Blood ASH Online 20 British Journal of Surgery Wiley Online 21 Canadian Journal of Anesthesia Springer Online 22 Cancer Cell Elsevier Online 23 CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology Springer Online 24 Cell Elsevier Online 25 Cell Stem Cell Elsevier Online 26 Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology Elsevier Online 27 Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology ASN Online 28 Clinical Microbiology Reviews ASM Online 29 Clinics in Liver Disease Elsevier Online 30 Critical Care Clinics Elsevier Online 31 Critical Care Medicine LWW Online 32 Digestive and Liver Disease Elsevier Online 33 Digestive Diseases Karger Online 34 Endoscopy Thieme Online 35 European Journal of Clinical Nutrition Nature Online 36 Gastroenterology Elsevier Online+
37 Gastroenterology Nursing LWW 38 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Elsevier Online+
39 Gut BMJ Online 40 Harvard Business Review HBP Online+
41 Hepatology Wiley Online+
42 Hepatology International Springer Online 43 Hepatology Research Wiley Online 44 HPB Elsevier Online 45 Human Pathology Elsevier Online 46 Immunology Wiley Online 47 Indian Journal of Continuing Nursing Education CMC 48 International Journal of Nursing Education IMLP Online 49 Journal of Clinical Anesthesia Elsevier Online 50 Journal of Clinical Microbiology ASM Online 51 Journal of Critical Care Elsevier Online 52 Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Wiley Online 53 Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery Springer Online 54 Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Sciences Wiley Online 55 Journal of Hepatology Elsevier Online 56 Journal of Hospital Infection Elsevier Online 57 Journal of Nuclear Medicine SNMMI Online 58 Journal of Nursing Education Slack Inc. Online 59 Journal of Pain and Symptom Management Elsevier Online 60 Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Wiley Online 61 Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition LWW Online 62 Journal of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Thieme Online 63 Journal of Pediatric Intensive Care Thieme Online 64 Journal of Pediatrics Elsevier Online 65 Journal of the American College of Cardiology Elsevier Online 66 Journal of the American Society of Nephrology ASN Online 67 Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis Wiley Online 68 Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology Elsevier Online 69 Journal of Viral Hepatitis Wiley Online 70 Kidney International Elsevier Online 71 Lancet Elsevier Online 72 Lancet Oncology Elsevier Online 73 Liver International Wiley Online 74 Liver Transplantation Wiley Online+
75 Modern Pathology Nature Online 76 Nature Nature Online 77 Nature Biotechnology Nature Online 78 Nature Genetics Nature Online 79 Nature Immunology Nature Online 80 Nature Medicine Nature Online 81 Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology Nature Online 82 Nature Reviews Immunology Nature Online 83 New England Journal of Medicine MMS Online 84 Nutrition in Clinical Practice Wiley Online 85 Pancreatology Elsevier Online 86 Pediatric Transplantation Wiley Online 87 Pediatrics AAP Online 88 Peritoneal Dialysis International Multimed Inc. Online 89 PET Clinics Elsevier Online 90 Radiographics RSNA Online 91 Radiology RSNA Online 92 Radiotherapy and Oncology Elsevier Online 93 Reviews in Medical Virology Wiley Online 94 Science AAAS Online 95 Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology Elsevier Online 96 Seminars in Liver Disease Thieme Online 97 Seminars in Oncology Elsevier Online 98 Transfusion Wiley Online 99 Transfusion and Apheresis Science Elsevier Online 100 Transplantation Proceedings Elsevier Online 101 Transplantation LWW Online 102 Urology Elsevier Online
Ask a Librarian
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone : 011 - 46300000(Extn:23512)