About ILBS Library
ILBS library provides comprehensive resources and services to support the academic, research and learning need of the institute. It has a collection of more than 1000 resources which includes books, bound volumes of journals, theses and audio visuals (CD/DVDs). It also subscribes current full text journals (online and/or print) to keep abreast users with the latest trends in the field of various disciplines and speciality. The library is also a member of ERMED Consortium, nationwide electronic information resources in the field of medicine, coordinated through National Medical Library, DGHS, Govt. of India. It also has facility of statistical analysis tool/software for users. The library is managed by a team of duly qualified library professionals and is headed by faculty in-charge. Feedback from users is always appreciated.
- Dr. Y.K. Joshi, Professor Emeritus (Clinical Nutrition) - Chairperson
- Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma, Professor (Med. Hepatology) - Member and Faculty I/C, Library
- Dr. Seema Alam, Professor (Paediatric Hepatology) - Member
- Dr. Archana Rastogi, Professor (Pathology) - Member
- Dr. Shalini Thapar, Professor (Radiology) - Member
- Dr. R. Gayatri, Professor (MCM) - Member
- Dr. Rakhi Maiwall, Professor (Med. Hepatology) – Member
- Dr. Yashwant Patidar, Addl. Prof. (Interven. Radiology) - Member
- Dr. Ragini Kilambi, Associate Professor (Surg. Hepatol.) - Member
- Sh. Deepak Chaturvedi, Junior Librarian - Member Secretary
- Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma, Professor (Med. Hepatology) -Faculty Incharge.
- Sh. Deepak Kumar Chaturvedi – Junior Librarian
- Ms. Pooja – Junior Librarian
- Md. Abdur Raqeeb – Junior Librarian
- Ms. Arti – Jr. Admin Support Staff (Librarian)
The library timings (subject to change) shall be 24/7 (round-the-clock) schedule.
- The membership would be open to all the faculties, students and research scholars of the Institute.
- Faculties would be issued two library cards.
- SRs and research scholars would be issued one library card.
- Borrowers shall be requested to carry his/her membership/identity card which shall be shown whenever asked for.
The library timings (subject to change) shall be 24/7 (round-the-clock) schedule.
- Book shall be issued to borrower maximum for 14 days at a time.
- A book can be reissued provided no other members have reserved the same book.
- The books will be issued against the reader’s tickets (Library Card).
- The library card issued to the borrowers is non-transferable.
- Books for the usage of admin section would be issued to the person In-charge of the section through register.
Conditions of Loan
- It is the responsibility of the borrower for timely return of the books. No ground for late return of books and exemption of fines will be accepted.
- An overdue charges of Rs.5/-, per book per day, will be charged if the book is not returned to the library when due.
- ‘NOT TO BE ISSUED’ category includes reference books, project reports, loose and bound volumes of periodical/journal.
- The borrowers of various departments shall be required to obtain “No Dues Certificate” from the Librarian before leaving the Institute after surrendering the library card issued to them.
- The librarian has the discretion to stop issue of any book.
Loss of Library Card
- Loss of Library card would be reported immediately to the Librarian in writing.
- Duplicate Library card shall be issued on request in writing after the report of the loss is made. A member shall have to pay Rs.50/- for each duplicate library card. However, the member concerned shall continue to be responsible for any loss due to the misuse of the lost card even after having been issued duplicate tickets.
Loss of Book
- In case of loss or damage of book issued the borrower shall have to replace the same or to pay the cost of its latest edition.
- If any single volume of the book lost or damage the member shall have to pay the cost of the whole set.
- The members would satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books before borrowing the book and defects found shall be brought to the notice of the library staff. The defects, if any, found at the time of return of the book the borrower shall be held responsible.
- Members are advised not to write in, mark, dog-earing or otherwise disfigure and damage books, journals and other resources. In case any damage, the person concerned will be responsible and have to replace the same or pay the cost.
- Tearing off pages and damaging the book is an act of indiscipline. The act shall be viewed as serious breach of discipline and the suitable action shall be taken under Academic/Institute discipline. The librarian will immediately report this matter to the Competent Authority.
- Maintaining silence is individual’s responsibility and those found breaking the rule is liable to serious academic/institute indiscipline as per rule under Academic/Institute discipline. The librarian shall report the matter to the Competent Authority.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, using cell phone and listening to the music is strictly prohibited in the library.
- The Library may amend its rules as and when required.
e - Resources
- ILBS Journals
Journals subscribed by ILBS
- ERMED Consortium (e-Journals)
Journals accessible through the Consortium from National Medical Library, New Delhi
- UpToDate | Access Tip Sheet
An evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource that assists clinicians with point-of-care decisions
- National Digital Library of India
National Digital Library of India (NDLI), a project under National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT), scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, hosted by IIT Kharagpur, enables 24x7 learning for learners of all ages and disciplines. It is a repository of metadata of e-learning contents spanning multiple disciplines and languages.
Journal citations and abstracts collected from the life sciences and biomedical literature
- Open Access Journals
Directory of open access journals
- Remote Access
Access to subscribed/available online resources of ILBS Library. Remote Access Usage Policy
- ILBS Journals
Use of Electronic Resources (e-Resources)
It is the responsibility of all users of the institute (ILBS) to ensure that their use of e-Resources complies with copyright law, as well as with license conditions imposed by publishers. License terms vary from publisher to publisher. Members of the institute are expected to make reasonable and good faith effort to comply with the terms of these agreements. Common restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- Resources may be accessed and downloaded by authorized users for their personal use only. Authorized users include ILBS faculties, students, researchers, health care professionals and those who have been allowed access to the Library's computer workstations.
- Resources may be used for scholarly, educational or scientific research purposes; any selling, distributing, licensing or renting for commercial uses is prohibited.
- Systematic and/or substantial downloading or reproduction large amount of information materials is prohibited (e.g. downloading all articles of an issue, engage in large-scale downloading from licensed resources to create databases).
- Use of Web crawlers/spider/robots or any other software packages or systematic searching tools or programs is forbidden.
- Any proprietary and/or copyright notices, author attribution or disclaimers with electronic resources may not be removed or modified.
S. No. Title Publisher Mode of Subs 1 The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Elsevier Online 2 American Journal of Kidney Diseases Elsevier Online 3 American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine ATS Online 4 American Journal of Transplantation Wiley Online 5 Blood Elsevier Online 6 Cell Elsevier Online 7 Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology Elsevier Online 8 Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology Wolters Kluwer (Ovid) Online 9 Clinical Microbiology Reviews ASM Online 10 Clinical Nutrition Elsevier Online 11 Clinics in Liver Disease Elsevier Online 12 Critical Care Clinics Elsevier Online 13 Endoscopy Thieme Online 14 Gastroenterology Elsevier Online + Print 15 Gastroenterology Clinics of North America Elsevier Online 16 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Elsevier Online + Print 17 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America Elsevier Online 18 Hepatology Wolters Kluwer (Ovid) Online 19 Hepatology International Springer Online 20 HPB Elsevier Online 21 Indian Journal of Continuing Nursing Education CMC 22 Journal of Clinical Anesthesia Elsevier Online 23 Journal of Hepatology Elsevier Online 24 Journal of Pediatrics Elsevier Online 25 Journal of the American College of Cardiology Elsevier Online 26 Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology Elsevier Online 27 Kidney International Elsevier Online 28 Laboratory Animals Sage Online 29 The Lancet Elsevier Online 30 Liver International Wiley Online 31 Liver Transplantation Wolters Kluwer (Ovid) Online 32 Nature Immunology Nature Online 33 Nature Medicine Nature Online 34 Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology Nature Online 35 The New England Journal of Medicine Wolters Kluwer (Ovid)/MMS Online 36 Pediatric Transplantation Wiley Online 37 Radiographics RSNA Online 38 Radiology RSNA Online 39 Science AAAS Online 40 Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology Elsevier Online 41 Seminars in Liver Disease Thieme Online 42 Transfusion and Apheresis Science Elsevier Online 43 Transplantation Proceedings Elsevier Online
Ask a Librarian
- Email : email@example.com
- Phone : 011 - 46300000(Extn:23512)