Liverज्ञान Awards 2020
Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS) is an autonomous super-specialty institute of excellence under Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi. ILBS is celebrating 10th year of its establishment and over the years has emerged as the most comprehensive and advanced set up for patient care, teaching and innovation-driven research in the field of Liver and Biliary Diseases. This has been made possible through the concerted efforts of its dedicated faculty and brilliant students. We strive continuously to shape the field even further and influence the direction that would realize the dreams of its founders.
In its pursuit of continued global leadership and on the occasion of decennial celebration, ILBS has instituted the “Liverà¤Âà¥Âà¤Âà¤¾à¤¨” Awards, to connect transdisciplinary groups, to touch new boundaries of biomedical research and to search and honour excellence in the Hepatobiliary and Allied Sciences. The award will honour a scientific investigator, or a group of investigators, providing a Product worthy of large scale usage for Liver or Metabolic Diseases or people at large. The award will be open to Indian nationals working in different fields including Biomedical, Pharmaceutical and Life sciences, Engineering, Management, Industry, etc. Interested researchers from inter-disciplinary or intra-disciplinary areas may combine their expertise and submit a research plan on the challenging yet pragmatic themes.
The Challenge Themes 2020
The Challenge Themes for the year 2020 are mentioned below:1. Drug testing tools for Liver
2. Non-invasive Device for differentiating Liver inflammation & Fibrosis
3. Organ preservation without loss of cells for Living donor transplant
4. Point of care diagnostic tool(s) for infections
5. On spot salivary and fecal microbe readouts
6. Novel approaches in Liver tissue engineering
7. Smart phone apps for Liver diseases
Application ProcedureThe award will be open to Indian nationals working in different fields including Biomedical, Pharmaceutical and Life sciences, Engineering, Management, Industry etc. Interested researchers from inter disciplinary or intra disciplinary areas will be required to submit a research plan on the challenging but pragmatic themes that is likely to change every year.
Timeline• Advertisement – 20th September, 2020
• Last date for LOI – 30th November, 2020
• Screening the Results of LOI – 15th December, 2020
• Last date for full proposal – 14th January, 2021
• Interactive evaluation by Expert Committees – 31th January, 2021
• Results declaration –10th February, 2021 • Award presentation – Date will be Announced
JuryThe winners will be chosen carefully, transparently and judiciously by the Jury members consisting of Eminent Achievers recognized at National / International Arena duly approved by the Governing Council, ILBS.
Proposal Document Guidelines
Proposal Document Guidelines
Entry Document [10,000 words maximum, in a single pdf file]
1. Lead Representative’s name and department, organization, address, email, phone numbers; with signature.
2. Name of all other team members, with department, organization, address, email, phone numbers; with signature.
3. Entry title
Section 1: Executive Summary (500 word maximum)
1. Describe the innovation/idea, need/opportunity, and significance of the proposal.
2. State the potential impact of the ultimate work on Hepato-Biliary Sciences.
Section 2: Background, Significance, and Research Plan
1. Background and significance. Frame the importance of the area. Describe the unmet need or gap that this innovation/ idea is/will address.
2. Describe the specific innovation/idea in detail (including Concept, Design, Model, Cost structure and Applicability)
3. Reference list
Section 3: Supporting Information
1. Curriculum vitae for the all team members
Awards“Liverज्ञान ” Awards for the year 2020: Certificate of honour and three cash prizes:
1st Prize – 5 lacs,
2nd Prize – 3 lacs,
3rd Prize – 1 lac