Welcome and gratitude for convalescent plasma donation
May please pay attention to:
- Bring a hard copy of the COVID-19 positive report ( Rapid Antigen Test or RT PCR) within four months of the day of donation as it is a mandatory requirement.
- Donate only after 14 days of a COVID-19 positive report if he/ she is asymptomatic, or after 14 days of symptom resolution if he/she is symptomatic.
- A COVID-19 negative report is preferable. If not available, the test may be done at ILBS but will take additional time.
- Persons who have received any COVID-19 vaccination will not be able to donate for 28 days from the date of vaccination.
- Antibody Titres will be measured at ILBS and there is a possibility that the donor gets rejected if he/she lacks adequate antibodies in the blood.
- A photocopy of Aadhaar card (both sides)is required for documentation
- Women who have ever been pregnant can not donate COVID-19 convalescent plasma.
- The above criteria are in addition to the donor eligibility criteria laid down as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules ( amended March 2020)
- All laboratory tests to determine donor eligibility will be done as per rules prior to convalescent plasma collection.